Sunday 14 November 2010

Lost

I'm missing London, mostly materialistic, like my bed, shower, private space, my flat in general. Friends I have there, the routine, and knowledge that I know where things are, where I stand, where I belong.

The last two points are pretty ephemeral, I noted that I don't actually like doing the things I have been training to be an expert at. I know that I can only change so many times in life, and I only have so many chances, but what can I do?

Until then, I will focus on this short term placement, work out what needs to be done and do them, the finish off this slightly longer term PhD. Then be properly lost.

2 comments:

  1. I've been having almost the exact same thoughts the past few nights. Except mine don't stem from missing the place I live as much as not having somewhere to belong. I'm realising that I barely spend any of the money I earn, and yet I really do work fairly hard (not long but hard) to earn it. Imagine if I only earnt what I needed and used the rest of the time for something positive, instead of spending all that time earning cash, just to not enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you didn't really remember for long, did you?

    ReplyDelete