Saturday 16 July 2011

Weekend routines II

I have the perfect excuse to not wake up and stay in bed and do nothing today. I suppose 'it's Saturday' is as valid excuse as any, but I tend to guilt trip myself if I don't give an elaborate reason to 'why a you wasting your life', though I do give myself a lot of practice these days. Today I actually have two almost reasonable excuses.

I skived school yesterday, and went Lovebox, a festival at Victoria Park. I know none of the bands playing, and no one I know is going, save some girl I met once, because 'she wants to go but doesn't want to go alone', a sentiment I once had before I become good at being a loner (though I understand not everyone can be as awesome as I). As for the festival, it focuses on DJs, and club and dance music (totally out of my scene, but I'm adaptable), though the headline act is misleadingly indie. The weather was uncharacteristically glorious, and I pity the revellers to that festival today. I find those dance and DJ sets have strange similarities to classical music, in that each 'piece' is long, repetitive, and are just variations of a theme, and that new comers to it will think 'everything sounds the same'. Still, I had to dance and everything and enjoy myself, anyone can do that if they wanted to, which leads to my first excuse: I don't wanna wake up because my legs are still tired, even after sleep.

The second excuse is a lot more universal. No one sets their alarm clock on weekends anyone, though I idiotically slept with my phone next to bed, and someone decided to text at 7am. It could've been a good thing, I had half a mind of going to a festival at Shoredich, if the weather is good. It wasn't, and it's still bad now. I didn't even have the look, the rain was rattling hard on the windows. With no reason to get up, I went back to bed, until I really needed food.

No comments:

Post a Comment